Amy A. Lehman, Esq.
Amy Lehman represents clients before federal and state courts. She focuses her practice on civil and commercial litigation and other areas of dispute resolution, including mediation. She has experience in matters ranging from complex commercial, contract and fraud claims, art theft, domain name infringement, government investigations, media related matters, and matrimonial disputes.
With her extensive background in the arts and entertainment industry, Amy has worked with various clients on arts related matters through Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts including issues of non-profit corporate compliance, and contracts for playwrights and choreographers.
- New York University, B.A., 2000, magna cum laude
- University of Michigan Law School, J.D., 2006
- New York State Bar 2007
- United States District Courts for Southern + Eastern Districts, 2011
- Michigan State Bar 2012
- United States District Court for Eastern District of Michigan 2013
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- New York City Bar Association
- New York County Lawyers Association, matrimonial and ADR committees
- Federal Bar Council, Programming Committee
- New York City Bar Justice Center Foreclosure Project, New York, NY; Pro bono foreclosure defense litigation and negotiation
- Member, Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts; Pro bono clinic volunteer, Mediator for MediateArts;
- Chair, Alumni Steering Committee, Career Transition for Dancers, 2010
- “The First Amendment and the Lanham Act: What is This Thing Called Artistic Relevance?” Forum on Communications Law of the ABA, January 2012, with James E. Stewart.
- “2012-13 Survey of Sixth Circuit Privacy and Related Media Claims,” Media Law Resource Center, MLRC 50-State Survey 2012-2013, updates with James Stewart, Robin Luce Hermann, Jonathan Jorissen and Douglas R. Pierce.
- “2012-13 Survey of Sixth Circuit Libel Law,” Media Law Resource Center, MLRC 50-State Survey 2012-2013, updates with James Stewart, Robin Luce Hermann, Jonathan Jorissen and Douglas R. Pierce.
- “Koehler v. Bank of Bermuda, Three Years Later: Fewer Places to Hide” ABA Business Torts Newsletter, Fall 2012, with George F. Hritz; and the Japanese Institute of International Business Law Journal, Kokusai-Shoji-Homu, May, 2013, with Yoichi Hirano and George Hritz.
- “The Koehler Decision: Collection of Foreign Judgments in New York State,” with George Hritz, Thompson & Knight CLE, presented at Thompson & Knight LLP, May 2012.
- “Litigation Funding,” Federal Bar Council Quarterly, p. 19, Dec./Jan./Feb., 2013, with George Hritz.